Search

Camden Stables Market

Let me whisk you to one of my favourite places to hang out in London - The Camden Stables Market.



The kinds of people that this place attracts is really interesting. The tourists, the younger crowds, the goths, the hippy-looking bunch, the older sets. Maybe there's a noticeable absence of people in suits, but you don't really have to go too far to see them, and so they're not really missed.

Talk to the lady in multi-coloured hair and a thousand and one piercings and you'll realise she's no different from you. I think it's freedom when you can choose to dress any which way you want and not be perceived any differently. So leave your biases aside and soak in the vibrant atmosphere.

The market is the mecca for vintage clothes.



Check out the restored oak furniture



And don't miss the antique market where I get my fix on oggling vintage luggages


(did I spy a vintage Louis Vuitton in there? How did I miss that?)

I usually get a black chai tea and cake at one of the coffee shops there with a good view of the goings on in the market below. And be spoilt for choice around lunch time with a number of stalls competing for your attention (i always seem to end up with fried rice and chicken at the japanese food stall though).

Let me know what great finds you take home with you.

0 comments: