Search

Liberty of London Selling Up?

Image from Panoramio

It's a very short stroll from Oxford Street, that 'high street' of high streets in London. I have gotten on and off at Oxford Street a million times (as you do when you live in London), but I have been to Liberty just once. I absolutely love the place - for it's architecture and the feeling I get when I'm inside.

Image from Ruby Press

But it does feel a bit exclusive, like Harrods, except that LIberty is just character and without the gaudiness. And, still like Harrods, I seriously can't afford anything in there. Well, there was this little antique letter opener, I was drooling on. But after walking past it 5 times, I convinced myself that I am better off hunting for the likes of it in Portobello Road.

Anyway, this is a bit of a sad news, if it is true - Liberty May Sell Tudor-Style Flagship Shop in London’s West End. Makes me feel a bit guilty that I have not been there as often as I would want even though I considered it one of the gems of London.

0 comments: