Search

Furniture for Life

Do you buy ikea furniture only for it to last a few years? Do you change the whole living room furniture every 5 years or less?

Whilst furniture can be affected by fashion, I don't believe in spending money only to be discarded later on. I have my share of flat-packed furniture from ikea and argos. We took care of them and they did last 5 years and we made some money back when we sold them. I still love ikea for accessories and argos for the bits and pieces around the home.

But slowly, I will be buying furniture for life. Choose designs that are classic. Buy vintage or antiques tha have stood the test of time. Solid wood. Steel. Leather. Materials that gets better with age.

Have a read at I Want Vintage's January Newsletter (I know it's already April, but their logic is never out of date).

0 comments: